>It´s so strange, the longer it takes to create that post, the more important it gets… All of a sudden the task is so huge that it seems impossible to do. That is what has happened to my blog! I was so excited to share my new studio, and I wanted it to be just perfect when I made the post. But, I use my space all the time, so it is never «perfect», and the post never got written. I´ll create that post soon, it is all written out, I just need to take the photos!
Huge things are happening though. On the 30th of September my brother and I will be opening an online store called kaBoks. So far we have gotten a great Design Team with 10 digital and hybrid designers.
Sara, one of the designers, decribed what we want to do beautifully:
«The philosophy behind kaBoks, Siri’s new online scrapbooking store, is to break down the walls that exist between the various scrapbooking communities. kaBoks will be a store that will not only bridge traditional, hybrid, and digital scrapbooking, but will target different religions, ethnicities and languages by offering a wide variety of products that speak to inspired creatives around the globe. There will also be a special department called “kiddy scrap” filled with less serious products aimed at crafting for kiddos! or for us big kiddos at heart »
We are still open for applications to our Design Team if anyone is interested! Just email me (admin at kaboks.com), and I´ll send you some info. Just label the email «DT call» so it does not disappear in the large void that is my inbox!
We are also having a CT call at the moment:
If you have trouble opening the JPG:
What we are looking for:
- digital crafters (scrapbooking, art journals….)
- card makers (both traditional, hybrid and digital)
- scrapbookers (both traditional, hybrid and digital)
We are also looking for 1-3 traditional crafters with no or little experience in hybrid/digital craft. These crafters will be documenting their “journey” into a new world using blog posts, tutorials and videos.
We would also like to get applications to a CT manager position.
The team members will be required to:
- create a minimum of 4 projects every month uploaded to the kaBoks blog and private blog (Subject to change depending on number of members)
- host contests/challenges on the kaBoks blog (No. of challenges depends on number of members)
- create tutorials or videos of projects/techniques (two projects during the 6 month period, this could be a tutorial on one of the required projects)
- create blog posts featuring techniques /inspiration/projects
- participate in challenges
- promote kaBoks and the designers on their blog and elsewhere
- upload creations to our public gallery
PLEASE SUBMIT to email@example.com
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Link to your blog
- List of forums and galleries that you frequent
- List of current Design/Creative Team positions (Team experience is not required)
- Tell us why you want to join.
I hope some of my Norwegian friends will apply as well! (We´ll have great products aimed at cardmakers! I´m also in the process of creating my first paper line that will be available for wholesale to LSS)